Explore Our Site
LTACH/LTCH Admission Criteria
For physicians the process is easy. Simply write an order to “Consult St. Elias Specialty Hospital of Alaska". The nurse or case manager receiving the order will call us to arrange for a Clinical Nurse Liaison to evaluate your patient.
Patient is/ or may have
- Multi-system failure
- TPN needs
- MRSA/VRE or other complicated infections
Patient may require some of the following treatments, but are not limited to:
- Extensive respiratory care/tracheostomy/chest tubes
- Cardiac monitoring
- Extensive wound care
- IV antibiotic therapy
- Daily physician visit
Other general indicators of a patient's LTACH/LTCH eligibility:
- Patient is currently in ICU
- Patient's medical needs are too extensive to t ransfer to lower level of care, such as a skilled nursing facility, rehabilitation unit, or home health.
- Patient's rehabilitation is compromised by acute medical issues.
- Patients are at risk for medical complications upon discharge.
- Patient has history of multiple readmissions
Examples of a patient who may benefit from care at St. Elias include but are not limited to those with:
- Multi-system Failure
Please contact our intake department at (907) 565-CARE or visit us online at www.st-eliashospital.com. One of our nurse liaisons will respond to perform a pre-admission screening, discuss treatment options and, as needed, coordinate transfer to our facility.