We encourage patients and visitors to ask questions of your caregivers, and to monitor their practices, including hand washing. If there is a concern, please ask for your Case Manager, or complete a written complaint form (see Complaints and Grievances section).
- The patient has the responsibility to provide information about present complaints (including his/her level of pain based on the Hospital’s tool for measurement), past illnesses, hospitalization, medication, and other matters relating to his/her health.
- The patient is responsible for following the treatment plan recommended by the practitioner primarily responsible for his/her care and for informing their physician and other caregivers if he/she anticipates problems in following the prescribed treatment.
- The patient is responsible for the consequences of his/her actions if he/she refuses treatment or does not follow the practitioner’s instructions.
- The patient is responsible for following hospital rules and regulations affecting patient care, conduct, and safety.
- The patient is responsible for being considerate of other patients, hospital property, personnel and for assisting in the control of noise, and number of visitors.
- The patient is responsible for ensuring that the healthcare institution has a copy of his/her written Advance Directive.
- The patient has a responsibility, when able, for maintaining personal hygiene and grooming during their hospital stay.
- The patient has the responsibility for providing information for insurance and for working with the hospital to arrange payment when needed.