Explore Our Site
- The patient has the responsibility to provide information about present complaints (including his/her level of pain based on the Hospital’s tool for measurement), past illnesses, hospitalization, medication, and other matters relating to his/her health.
- The patient is responsible for following the treatment plan recommended by the practitioner primarily responsible for his/her care and for informing their physician and other caregivers if he/she anticipates problems in following the prescribed treatment.
- The patient is responsible for the consequences of his/her actions if he/she refuses treatment or does not follow the practitioner’s instructions.
- The patient is responsible for following hospital rules and regulations affecting patient care, conduct, and safety.
- The patient is responsible for being considerate of other patients, hospital property, personnel and for assisting in the control of noise, and number of visitors.
- The patient is responsible for ensuring that the healthcare institution has a copy of his/her written Advance Directive.
- The patient has a responsibility, when able, for maintaining personal hygiene and grooming during their hospital stay.
- The patient has the responsibility for providing information for insurance and for working with the hospital to arrange payment when needed.
We encourage patients and visitors to ask questions of your caregivers, and to monitor their practices, including hand washing. If there is a concern, please ask for your Case Manager, or complete a written complaint form (see Complaints and Grievances section).